Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's up, blog?

I haven't been here in a while. I dunno why, it's just kind of the way I go with web-things.

My website hasn't been updated in ages, either.

Anyhow, here's some neat shit to check out:

I haven't been this excited about an Amorphis album since the first time I heard Elegy back in 1995. Put this high on your gotta-hear-it list.


This is a bit pricey, but is a fantastic resource for any fan of Tim Powers. Not only does it feature an in-depth list of all known published editions of his many novels - complete with pictures of the covers in all sorts of languages - but it has never before seen drawings and poems along with huge sections from rough drafts and unpublished novels - all with Powers' own handwritten notes.

Nothing new here - they've been around since forever. But I never had one before so I didn't know how huge they sound. I have two now. I feel like a fucking king with them stacked on top of each other. Now I know why bands play in front of huge walls of them. Even if they're not plugged in, they're pretty nifty to behold.


No comments: