Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Painting inside

I enjoyed painting trees last week and I was looking forward to doing it again.

However, it was raining when I got to class so we couldn't go outside. I set up an easel in front of the still life the instructor had assembled, but it was not inspiring me at all. So, I moved my easel over to the window and took in the view looking across the back of the college.

I was looking at an angle out the window. Had I looked straight out, I would have seen the same tree I painted last week. Thus, I took in the view across a torn-up section of ground littered with construction equipment and a giant muddy puddle. On a short hill above this mess were four trees just before the main highway. Across the road was a corn field surrounded by huge trees.

Here is Shitty Day (View from a Window):

No comments: